Huihan Liu Painting Workshop Trip in Shagri-la
(Tibetan Autonomous Region, Yunnan Province)
China – 2016, August 18-31
Shangri-La ( an elevation of 10,370 ft. ) was formerly called Zhongdian, but was renamed in 2001 after the fictional mythical Himalayan utopia from James Hilton’s 1933 novel “Lost Horizon”. It is situated in Deqen Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture in northwestern Yunnan province, China. The town of Shangri-La, surrounded by snow cap mountain, pasture and Tibetan farmer houses, is an idea place for an artist to explore the beauty of Tibetan culture. The near Songzanlin Monastery built in 1679, is one of the largest monasteries in the region.
The trip can accommodate up to 16 students. Any student signing after the full enrollment cap is met will be put on a waiting list in case of cancellations. Spouses or significant others may also attend with participants at a different cost.
There will be 7 days of painting on location of plein air and local farmer setting, 3 days of sightseeing in Zhongdian and Lijiang, a 2 day tour in Guangzhou City (several visits included Guangzhou Academy of Fine Arts, local historical places, local artist studio, pearl river night tour), and 2 days of arrival and departure in Guangzhou City.
For detailed information and trip itinerary, please contact us at:
Huihan Liu Painting Workshop Trip in Shangri-La (Tibetan Autonomous Region, Yunnan Province) China
August 18-31, 2016
Workshop Package included in fee: Huihan Liu Painting Workshop Trip in Shangri-La (Tibetan Autonomous Region, Yunnan Province) China
- All lodging while in China, including 4-star hotels in most locations, one night 3-star hotel in Luku Lake
- All transportation while in China
- All meals
- Workshop Instruction fees
- Model fees
- Sightseeing entrance fees
- 24-hour emergency care assistance
- English-speaking guide
- Chinese visa fee
- International round trip airfare from the US to Guangzhou, China
- China domestic round trip airfare from Guangzhou-Lijiang-Zhongdian-Guangzhou (note: airfare cost estimate of $350-$500, definite rates not published by airline until after Chinese New Year on February 8, 2016)
- Tipping for tour guide and models
- Excess baggage charges
Total Cost per student: The total costs per student is dependent on the RMB/USD exchange rate at enrollment due date. The maximum total costs per student are based on a RMB exchange rate of 6.3 RMB = $1.00. If the value of RMB appreciates prior to the departure date, some extra charges may apply. Similarly, if RMB depreciates significantly, some refunds will be applied.
- Double Occupancy (shared room): $2,800
- Single Occupancy (single room): $3,170
- Spouse/significant others rate: $1,600
Registration is accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Registration is confirmed upon non-refundable deposit of $500 per person. Huihan Liu Studio will bill each student for the remaining balance of fees owed. Full payment and confirmation of enrollment numbers must be received by May 10, 2016. If workshop enrollment is full when student registration is received, you will automatically placed on the waiting list and will be notified by e-mail if space becomes available.
Required Registration Personal Information
- Full Name
- Copy of Passport
- Street Address
- Contact: phone and email
- Single or Double occupancy
- Emergency Contacts
- Special Diet / Allergies / Medications
- Photo of yourself (send by mail or e-mail)
- Signed Waiver of liability form (attached)
Workshop Deposit and Final Payment
- Please make checks or money orders payable to:
Huihan Liu Studio
200 Trinity Ave, Kensington
All bounced checks are subject to a $25.00 fee.
If you cancel more than 30 days before prior to departure, you will receive a full refund, minus the following fee schedule:
- >90 days prior to departure: $150 administrative fee
- 90-60 days prior to departure: $350 administrative fee
- 59-30 days prior to departure: $700 administrative fee
No refunds will be issued after 30 days prior to departure.
Huihan Liu new painting show case in Trailside Galleries
Date: August 1-13th 2016
Reception Date: August 4th, 2016, 5:00 – 8:00 PM.
Saturday open studio 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM Full
For Website information, please click Galleries and Workshops Links below